As at: 17 June 2022
The mining industry continues to play an important role in providing economic stability for Western Australia and the nation during the COVID-19 crisis. Our role and responsibility, both as a company and as individuals, is to protect our people and the broader community while continuing to support the economy.
Continuing to Keep Our People Safe
Our health and safety measures across our workplaces in response to the virus are continuously reviewed and if necessary updated, to respond to the increased global understanding of the virus and any changing government directives and guidelines.
Welfare of our People
We have introduced a number of additional measures to keep our people safe and well due to the accelerated spread of COVID-19 in Western Australia where our key operations and corporate headquarters are located. We have the following in place:
- Increased screening before entry to any IGO regional site with Rapid Antigen Testing (RAT)
- A requirement to wear either surgical or N95 face masks when in light vehicles with other passengers and on buses at our operations and exploration sites, as well as on all flights
- Social distancing and increased hygiene measures
- COVID screening, testing, isolation and contract tracing processes at our mine sites
- Deployment of technology for accelerated contract tracing in our workplaces
- Flexible working arrangements for people where possible
- Dedicated isolation accommodation for regional exploration sites
We also recognise and understand that COVID-19 can be stressful for many of our people and their families. We have the following in place:
- Ability for our people and immediate families to be PCR tested through facilities that we use as a Company
- Regular communication to our people on the latest measures we are taking to prevent the spread of the infection and ensure we are staying connected with them
- Education and Awareness Programs
- 24-hour access to our Employee Assistance Program
We will continue to focus on providing our people with the support and care they need.
Our Commitment to our Local Communities
IGO have a strong commitment to caring for the local communities in which we operate and understand the vulnerability these regional and remote communities have to COVID-19.
As our exploration activities continue in remote parts of Western Australia, we have implemented a range of controls to help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- All IGO employees and contractors will be RAT screened before they depart for our Exploration projects as well as undertake ongoing periodic screening while in the field
- Contact with remote communities will be minimised
We also continue to assist communities in both financial and non-financial ways as we work through the challenges of COVID-19 together.